Total video viewing grew by 40 minutes per person per day in 2020, with broadcaster TV accounting for 64%. How we watch TV continued to change at pace… because of lockdown
- In 2020, we watched 3h, 22m of broadcaster TV each day with an additional 36 minutes of subscription VOD viewing.
- Broadcaster VOD accounted for 19% of 16-34’s broadcaster viewing.
- TV advertising accounted for 91% of the video advertising we saw each day.
- The average viewer watched 41 ads a day on a TV set.
- 1.2k advertisers used TV for the first time in 2020.
- Linear TV and Broadcaster VOD reached a combined total of 93.4% of the population each week.
- The top commercial show of the year reached an average audience of over 14m on 15 November…